Covid-19 Energy Efficiency Capital Grants (EECG) are still open for application; the Scheme provides businesses with a maximum grant of up to £80,000 towards 20% of the eligible costs of installing new energy-efficient equipment.
The Scheme was launched to help businesses recover from Covid-19 and build resilience through green efficiency.
Eligible projects include:
- LED lighting systems
- Heating & Cooling Equipment
- Process Insulation
- Replacement drives or motors
- Renewable Energy Generation – Solar PV
- Other: High Efficiency Compressors, Energy Storage, combined heat and power (CHP), building energy management systems (BEMS)
Projects supported by the EECG are required to demonstrate:
- A simple financial payback between 1 and 6 years through energy cost savings; and
- A reduction of carbon emissions by at least 10%
- Total eligible project spend of between £4,000 and £400,000
At SDS Energy:CarbonFIT, we have developed a program and platform which help achieve any Carbon Reduction Plans you may have, including grant applications such as the EECG.
Should you have a project that meets the above criteria, or you want to know more about CarbonFIT, get in touch for a chat, to discuss your options.